Saturday, May 16, 2009

The past three days in Yellowstone have been absolutely amazing. I have seen things that I never imagined existed. Ben and I have seen geysers, springs, and thermal pools bubbling and churning as if they were ready to explode at any moment. We have seen big horn sheep (look like rams), a moose, elk, mule deer, pronghorns, wolves, coyotes, lots of different rodents, hundreds of buffalo, and several unidentified animals. The landscape is jaw dropping gorgeous. Trust me you will never want to leave. Maybe that is why Yellowstone has so few places to eat and no contact with the outside world, it forces you to leave. We had relatively no contact with the outside world for two days or so and I have to admit it was really refreshing to be able to turn my phone off and just enjoy the moment and all the beauty I was surrounded by. The landscape is filled with flat prairies, mountains, hills, rivers, creeks, ponds, lakes, waterfalls, rapids, and literally everything beyond and in between. It is truly amazing. The point is; if you have the chance and the means to visit Yellowstone and do not do so you are doing yourself a true injustice. I could have imagined the beauty and enjoyment I would find at Yellowstone had I not gone. Our pictures unfortunately do not do it justice. If you can come, COME! Anyways, I should probably get paid because I have been doing a lot of advertising for them lately. haha... We stayed in Idaho Falls last night and on the way we stopped in St. Anthony, Idaho and you will never guess what we came across, sand dunes. No lie, in the middle of Idaho. It was crazy and a lot of fun to play on. I am sure Ben will post pics of it later. We are about to leave for Salt Lake City and I am excited. Have a very nice day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment